Now that we're approaching the new year, it's easy to get caught up in the old adage, "Celebrate now, pay later." This is my plea to you - don't do it!!!! It's amazing how a few slips can set you back. There are plenty of opportunities to celebrate - the end of the year, starting a new job, a new relationship. But I want to make sure that celebrate wisely. Here are my top 5 tips for eating smart:
- Watch those subtle calories traps such as cheese. One slice equals about 110 calories.
- Drink more water instead of holiday spritzers, wine and soda.
- Drink peppermint tea if you get the munchies - it will take the cravings away.
- Create your own trail mix using raw nuts, carob chips and currants or cranberries.
- Keep a food journal to help you stay on track.
Yes you can have a successful eating week. Just remember to plan, plan, plan. I assure you, your 2010 will go a lot more smoothly if you go into it disciplined, focused and ready for a productive new year!