Source: Yahoo Images
With the start of any New Year come resolutions to lose weight and eat better. However, when it comes to effective weight loss, it's not the scale that matter most, it's your body composition. If you're one of those folks who want to lose weight fast, be careful and use wisdom. Fast weight loss contributes to a sluggish metabolic rate. Although the scale may give you the number you want, you may end up with more body fat than you started with and that's never good!
Here are some of my favorite fat torching tips which I like to call, Fat Torching 101:
- Commit to getting between 7-9 hours of sleep nightly. Maintain a similar schedule on the weekends.
- Manage stress on a regular basis. Fit something relaxing into your day, everyday!
- Maintain healthy relationships. Remove all toxic people (if possible) from your life. Surround yourself with positive people; it'll make a difference in your outlook, motivation and results!
- Change your plate size. Use a 9 inch plate for breakfast and lunch and a 7 inch plate for dinner. You'll eat less and avoid over-eating. Avoid constant snacking.
- Make sure half your plate is filled with vegetables for every meal. Include a veggie snack and you'll be meet the goal of 7-9 vegetables a day goal. You'll cut your risk of cancer, increase your fiber, and provide optimal recovery from your workouts. Need I say more?
- Drink 64 ounces of water daily. Increase your water intake by 2-4 cups on the days you exercise. You'll accelerate weight loss, remove toxins, and feel great!
Arm yourself with these tips and get results in 2011! My next post will give you my Fat Torching Tips for exercise and a system for putting it all together. Until next time, take good care of you and I look forward to helping all of you achieve success this year - it's going to be a great one!